Links to Paddling Groups or Information
NEWP is not affiliated with the groups and organizations identified in this page. NEWP is providing this information as a service to its members.
Paddling Organizations and Informaiton Resources
- American Canoe Association (ACA) – ACA Serves the Nation’s Paddlers by Helping Ensure Safe, Enjoyable, and Quality Recreation Opportunities on America’s Waterways
- American Rivers – American Rivers is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of North America’s rivers.
- American Whitewater – The mission of American Whitewater is to conserve and restore America’s whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.
- Liquid Adventuring – Watersports information and travel blog by NEWP board member and kayak instructor Ken Braband.
- University of Sea Kayaking (USK) – The mission of the USK is to promote sea kayaking education. The website includes access to a broad range of kayak education activities and resources.
- Paddling.com – General paddling articles and discussions, include product reviews and videos.
Other Wisconsin Paddling Clubs
- Badger State Boating Society – A group of passionate paddlers in the greater Milwaukee area who particularly enjoy and promote Wisconsin whitewater paddling.
- La Crosse Paddling Club – Outdoor enthusiasts who value the numerous benefits of paddling.
- MadCity Paddlers – The MadCity Paddlers, with a home base of Madison, Wisconsin, is a club devoted to pursuing paddlesports of every sort. Members organize a wide variety of club trips for flatwater canoeing and canoe touring, sea kayaking, and whitewater paddling in open and closed boats.
- MilesPaddled.com – Started as a group of paddling friends, MilesPaddled.com maintains and builds a prolific list of very informative lake and stream paddle blogs for other paddlers’ benefit.
- Pure Water Paddlers – Pure Water Paddlers is a group of canoe and kayak enthusiasts around the West Central Wisconsin area. Most of their paddling takes place within a reasonable distance of Eau Claire, WI and Chippewa Falls, WI. Their goal is to provide a wide variety of paddling experiences for paddlers of all skill levels.
- Sierra Club – River Touring Section (RTS) – Interested in paddling some great water with fun and skilled paddlers? If so, the River Touring Section of Wisconsin’s John Muir Chapter of the Sierra Club is the group for you. Every year their members lead paddling adventures on whitewater rivers and quiet water rivers, streams and lakes. They also offer instructional clinics that teach paddling, safety, and rescue skills. Join them on a trip or at a clinic to perfect your skills, explore new waterways, meet other paddlers, learn from skilled volunteer leaders, and have fun on the water.
- Wausau Area Canoe and Kayak Organization – Their goal is to set the standard in quality paddle sport educational activities for individuals, families, and business while exemplifying community goodwill, diversity, and service through our network of volunteers, sponsors, participants, and citizens.
Outfitters and Paddling Shops
- Silent Wake – Guided kayak paddles and on-water education and skills building.
- Bay Shore Outfitters – Stores in Sturgeon Bay and Sister Bay with outdoor apparel and paddle gear; offers rentals, tours and lessons in various Door County locations.
- Door County Adventure Center – Coastal sea kayaking tours, workshops and trips with full outfitting and guide service; offers paddle lessons by ACA Certified Instructors.
- Zeller’s Ski & Sports – On the water in Green Bay with a wide selection of sea kayaks, recreational kayaks and accessories. Knowledgeable staff and free on-water demos of all their kayaks.
- Gravity Trails – Door County Zipline tours, kayak and SUP rentals and tours from Bailey’s Harbor and Egg Harbor in Door County.
- Pete’s Garage – Green Bay bike and paddle sport shop; offers bicycles and kayaks.
- Fox of the River Voyageur Canoe LLC – Based in Neshkoro, WI, voyageur canoe trips for groups with an emphasis on traditional period history.
- Rutabaga Paddlesports – Monona, WI paddle sports shop with new and used canoes, kayaks and boards and an extensive inventory of paddle gear. Comprehensive instruction and tours. Hosts Canoecopia each March and the Door County Sea Kayak Symposium each July.
- EOS Surf Shop – Camping, hiking, kayaking, surfing and more outdoor gear – located on the mouth of the Sheboygan River near Lake Michigan.
- Divepoint SCUBA Center & Adventure Center – Kayak rentals, lessons, and sales in Stevens Point and Wausau; Classes and workshops on local lakes; Lake Michigan and Lake Superior expeditions.
- Paddle Board Specialists – “Fuel and promote the culture of stand up paddleboarding by striving to do the right things, the right way, everyday.” Located in Ocononwoc, WI.
- Sherpers – “Everything for the Great Outdoors & more…” Located in Hales Corner, WI.
- Adventure Outfitters – Kayaks, paddle boards, and paddling gear. Located in Waupaca, WI.
- Loon Paddle Company – Makers of paddles and paddle boards.
- REI – Appleton – “At Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI) we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.”