Changes to NEWP Membership
Looking to the future, to help make sure our club remains not only viable but dynamic, we’ve made some updates to our website and membership in general.
- We’ve added online processing for membership as well as payment. You can now join/renew your membership conveniently through this membership page and utilize PayPal, Venmo or even your credit or debit card rather than printing out forms and sending in a paper check.
- Annual dues have increased to $20 effective 5/1/2022. A single membership covers all family members, the same as before. The ACA no longer has family memberships, but NEWP still does.
- Effective later this year, we’ll all have the same renewal date of December 1. Memberships will be active until November 30 of the following year.
See the FAQ for more details.
Please note, we must receive an “ACA Waiver” for each member, along with the “NEWP Membership Registration Form”.
What are the BENEFITS of club membership?
- Participate in NEWP member-only paddles
- Discounted fee to participate in NEWP public paddles
- Hang out with like-minded individuals
- Access to open pool sessions with use of club boats and gear
- Discount on American Whitewater annual membership
- Discount on NEWP apparel
- Opportunity to participate in CPR/ First Aid update classes
- Reimbursement for ACA instructor certification in return for instructor participation
- ACA member benefits
As an American Canoe Association (ACA) Paddle America Club (PAC), Northeast Wisconsin Paddlers (NEWP) relies on the ACA for many support features including instructor certification, insurance, education coursework, and safety policies. In adherence to our bylaws, all members of NEWP must also be members of the ACA.
Completing your membership involves joining ACA, joining NEWP, and completing an annual liability waiver. There are two ways to do this as outlined below. Necessary links and forms are available in the sidebar to the left.
Questions? Sending us information? Please email Membership@newp.club.
Join or Renew Online
- If not already an ACA member, go to the ACA website to join.
- When asked, choose NEWP as your PAC Group.
- You can skip the generic ACA waiver at this point. You will complete the NEWP/ACA waiver at a later step.
- Record your ACA number and expiration date (Log in > Quick Links > Membership Card > View/Print My Membership Card) for use filling out the following forms.
- NOTE: EACH family member must complete this step.
- Complete the NEWP Membership Registration form.
- Complete the NEWP/ACA annual waiver for EACH family member, to assure we get copied.
- You may complete the NEWP Membership prior to getting your ACA Membership. If this is the case, please let NEWP know your ACA number and expiration date as soon as possible.
Join or Renew via Mail (or in-person at NEWP events)
- Download and print the NEWP/ACA Membership Registration Form.
- Complete the form.
- Make check payable to “NEWP, Inc.”.
- Download and complete a Waiver for EACH family member.
- Mail the Registration Form, Check, and Waiver(s) to the address on the NEWP registration form.
- You will receive your ACA Membership card in the mail.
- If not provided earlier, please inform NEWP of your ACA number and expiration date.
For the $10 you’ve already paid for your annual membership, you’ll get all the club benefits for the 2022 season through 11/30/2022. You’ll need to renew at $20 by 12/1/2022.
No! During this transition period, you’ll renew on your 2022 due date like you have in the past, but at the new rate of $20. You’ll get club benefits through the remainder of this season as well as all next year’s. Your next renewal date will be 12/1/2023.
New members joining after 5/1/2022 will do so at the new rate of $20/year. Their membership will be valid through 11/30/2022. They’ll need to renew by this December.
Moving forward, if a new member decides to join later in the year after our club events have concluded for the season, we’ll be offering a grace period. New members joining from October 1 – November 30 will be covered until December 1 of the following year.
Absolutely. Links to printable forms are still available in the left-hand column of this page.
Yes. As a Paddle America Club, we require current ACA membership. If you’re joining or renewing online, you’ll need to complete ACA forms and payment through their website and provide us with your membership ID number. Please make sure to designate NEWP as your Paddle America Club affiliate! If you prefer to print forms and mail a check, you can still send us both NEWP and ACA forms and payment for processing.
Some NEWP events may have event specific costs. In addition, special event fees may be charged by non-NEWP entities operating or sponsoring events that may be promoted by NEWP. Special event fees are not covered under NEWP membership unless otherwise stated.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about these changes.