Meet at one of these locations:
- Appleton: 7 a.m. at the McDonald’s Restaurant at Northland Mall, Hwy 47 (Richmond Street) at CTH OO (Northland Drive).
- Green Bay (NEW LOCATION): 7:30 a.m. at the Park and Ride (WisDOT Park & Ride 05-04) on the corner of Packerland Dr. and CTY RK (just south of Shawano Ave).
- Launch Site: 9 a.m. on Lower Lake Road at the Red River crossing, southeast of Gresham. We’ll start with introductions and a safety briefing.
- Meet: 9 a.m. Be unloaded and ready to go at the Manitowoc YMCA parking lot at 205 Maritime Dr, Manitowoc, WI 54220.
- Launch: After introductions, and a quick review of safety information and trip plan.
- Lunch: NEWP will host a group lunch at a nearby Manitowoc venue for participants.
Student Outings - 2022
Northeast Wisconsin Paddlers caps off its winter classes season with an opportunity to practice your new skills on “real” water! These events are for participants in NEWP classes in the current year and all other current club members. NEWP offers the use of its whitewater or sea kayaks and related gear and provides qualified instructors to guide participants through the event. These outings are an extension of our classes and not open to friends or family members who have not taken our classes – we focus on building on skills learned in the classroom setting. All NEWP club members and instructors are also encouraged to participate.
All participants must provide a fully completed ACA Minor Waiver or ACA Adult Waiver form before the event. If you are a current ACA member, be sure to note your ACA member number on the form. There is no cost for current ACA and NEWP, Inc members, but there is a $10.00 fee for ACA nonmembers to cover event insurance costs. Check our Membership page for information on becoming a member. Use of club boats and gear is free for any student who needs it.
Saturday, June 4, 2022
Students can sharpen their skills by taking on the Red River near Gresham with experienced whitewater paddlers. Pre-registration IS required. Contact your class instructor with any questions. Please complete and submit the form below by May 30 so we can collect the equipment you’ll need for the day. Participants meet in Appleton or Green Bay to carpool or travel directly to the launch site. Ken Braband (KenB@NEWP.club) will lead the whitewater student outing.
Coastal Student Outing
Sunday, June 5, 2021
This flatwater paddle will launch into the Manitowoc Harbor from the YMCA parking lot in downtown Manitowoc and will be led by several experienced NEWP instructors and paddlers.
The outing will begin with a trip up the Manitowoc River followed by a paddle into the harbor and Lake Michigan, if lake conditions are acceptable. Participants are welcome to enjoy some after-paddle non-digital social networking at a great local pizza or barbecue venue! ALL participants must complete and submit the registration form by May 30 so we can collect the equipment you’ll need for the day. Jeff Mazanec (JeffM@NEWP.club) will lead the coastal student outing.