Looking to the future, to help make sure our club remains not only viable but dynamic, we’ve made some updates to our website and membership in general.
- We’ve added online processing for membership as well as payment. You can now register for club events and renew your membership conveniently through our membership page and utilize PayPal, Venmo or even your credit or debit card rather than printing out forms and sending in a paper check.
- Annual dues will be increasing to $20 effective 5/1/2022. A single membership covers all family members, the same as before. The ACA no longer has family memberships, but NEWP still does.
- Effective later this year, we’ll all have the same renewal date of December 1. Memberships will be active until November 30 of the following year.
So, what does this mean for me?
- I’ve already renewed this year at $10, when will I have to renew again?
For the $10 you’ve already paid for your annual membership, you’ll get all the club benefits for the 2022 season through 11/30/2022. You’ll need to renew at $20 by 12/1/2022.
- My renewal falls somewhere between 5/1/2022 and 11/30/2022, will I have to pay twice this year?
No! During this transition period, you’ll renew on your 2022 due date like you have in the past, but at the new rate of $20. You’ll get club benefits through the remainder of this season as well as all next year’s. Your next renewal date will be 12/1/2023.
- My friend wants to join this year. How will this affect new members?
New members joining after 5/1/2022 will do so at the new rate of $20/year. Their membership will be valid through 11/30/2022. They’ll need to renew by this December.
Moving forward, if a new member decides to join later in the year after our club events have concluded for the season, we’ll be offering a grace period. New members joining from October 1 – November 30 will be covered until December 1 of the following year.
- I prefer writing a check. Can I still do that?
Absolutely. Links to printable forms are still available on our membership page.
- Do I still need an ACA membership to be in NEWP?
Yes. As a Paddle America Club, we require current ACA membership. If you’re joining or renewing online, you’ll need to complete ACA forms and payment through their website and provide us with your membership ID number. Please make sure to designate NEWP as your Paddle America Club affiliate! If you prefer to print forms and mail a check, you can still send us both NEWP and ACA forms and payment for processing.
- I have other questions about membership and renewal. Who do I need to ask?
Please send us an email at email@example.com with any questions or concerns about these changes.by