Paddle Ambassador Award Program
The Paddle Ambassador Award recognizes individuals whose outreach and leadership efforts expand the sport of paddling in Wisconsin. Serving as an “ambassador” for the sport, their efforts result in more people spending more time on the water and improving their paddling skills each year. Their efforts may also introduce paddling sports to people who haven’t paddled in the past, resulting in growth of the paddle community.
Recipients of the Paddle Ambassador Award do not need to be members of NEWP or ACA.
To nominate an individual for this award, please complete the online nomination form and submit it to the Awards Committee for consideration.
Past Paddle Ambassador Award Recipients
Bill Merrick, 2022
- Started paddling canoes in the 1960s
- Served as Boundary Waters Canoe Area guide
- Began whitewater and coastal kayaking in the 1980s
- Avid paddler and instructor for NEWP classes and Door County Sea Kayak Symposium for over 30 years
- Frequent NEWP Club Trip leader
- ACA Whitewater Kayaking Level 4 and Coastal Kayaking Level 3 Instructor